Join the Adventure- Join our Team!
Do you love beautiful things? Do you love working with & helping people? Would you love to work in a castle in the mountains? If the answer is "Yes!" to all of the above- check out our current job listings below. We can't wait to hear from you!
We are looking for a Store Manager for our location at the Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta!
fern·weh, noun, orig. German
(n.) The feeling of being homesick for a place you’ve not yet been; an ache for a distant place.
Our mission is to provide international and local guests with an incredible selection of luxury gifts and goods and offer a shopping experience that reflects a continuation of the magic and luxury of the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Fernweh ensures that guests feel like they have escaped somewhere special by delivering an exceptional shopping experience. We select gifts and goods that are modern, beautiful & useful from the best in local and international sources.
Store Manager Position:
As the leader of the team, the face of the store, and the liaison between Fernweh and the hotel- Store Manager is a most integral role. The manager is a customer’s point of contact when they enter our store, and they make customers feel welcome and connect with travellers by delivering an exceptional shopping experience while upholding our brand. They demonstrate product knowledge to travellers and elevate the gifting experience. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a positive attitude, someone who is self-motivated, can problem solve and is committed to representing our brand and growing within the company.
We are looking for an individual who is driven & looking for potential advancement and shareholder opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate respect for others and contribute to a positive and safe work environment
· Provide an exceptional Fernweh experience by always being engaged with customers and having a customer first mindset
· Look for ways we can improve operational excellence
· Share product knowledge and adhere to policies and procedures
· Strong attention to detail when processing transactions, cashing out, facilitating transfers, managing inventory and a focus on loss prevention
· Maintain constant awareness of store appearance, merchandise, and replenishment needs
· Direct merchandising changes on time and on concept
· Assisting the Directors in all aspects of the company launch as needed- scouting and purchasing product, managing inventory, store administration, marketing, hiring and training, etc. •
· Human resources and sales team development.
· Driving your team in leadership, sales and service.
· Building a company culture that is consistent with the values and vision laid out by the Directors. You will drive your store sales through excellence in customer service, communicating with your team, your daily sales goals being exceeded, and store merchandising as directed.
· Your very upbeat and positive attitude toward your customers and team will ensure your stores success.
· You provide leadership to your team and set an excellent example in all aspects of being a Fernweh team member. You take responsibility and initiative in creating a positive and productive environment in your store for both staff and customers.
· You are responsible for learning the following: scheduling, building, coaching and recruiting your team effectively. You aid and communicate regularly within your store team, and Head Office in resolving your stores personnel matters. You hold regular team meetings and coaching sessions with your team.
· You are responsible for learning all shipping & receiving function- ensuring that all the received items have been put into the inventory system and that all breakages and shortages are reported to the appropriate vendors.
· You will create growth opportunities for the company by making connections with the Fairmont hotel team, planning and executing corporate gifting and event opportunities, and maximizing sales possibilities both within and outside of traditional retail foot traffic.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and stay motivated while working alone
· Goal orientated and can stay focused on creating winning results
· Ability to adapt to changing work demands
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Merchandising Experience an asset
· Comfortable and confident in making effective decisions in a timely manner
· Must be able to lift 30 lbs and stand for long periods of time
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
· Management Experience-2+ years
· Retail & customer service experience is preferred
· Ability to speak different languages is an asset
· Commission & Bonus opportunities
· Competitive Salary
· Staff Discounts
· Training and Development
· Fitness Centre Memberships
· Staff Cafeteria
· Staff Accommodation – depending on availability
· Staff Parking
If you live in the Bow Valley area, think that you would be a great fit for our team, and are excited about growing with our new company in the historic Banff Springs Hotel, email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com - We are looking forward to meeting you!
PART TIME SALES STAFF
We are looking for part time and seasonal sales staff for our location at the Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume & cover letter!